10.23.2005

Rained Out



Hm...something about this comic is so familiar...

Oh, yeah! This happened to our band! Yesterday, we practiced indoors in the morning, had a few hours of break, then came to the school...practiced for a few hours...then, what? The TOB was cancelled in medias res? We gave up our Saturday for nothing? Well, not totally. In my bus, which contained the drum major, we started singing our show! It was quite funny...and afterwards I got to hang with other band members and watched a large portion of the Rocky Horror Picture Show (the person who was driving me home had to leave so she could get home before 11:00). I’m hoping that’s the last time I watch that movie, but who knows? They’ll probably make me finish watching it...at least I had fun hanging with them...


By the way, I forgot to tell you of another pain I gained during marching band practice, last Wednesday. I was rushing back to a set we were practicing...when...BAM! One of our French horn players ran right into me, practically knocking me to the ground! It actually didn’t hurt too much, but I just starting crying...sort of because of the pain...but mostly because of the shock. They had to lead me to the sidelines because I didn’t want to sit out. After I showed them that I could breath calmly, they let me back out onto the field, just in time to learn a new visual. While I was on the sidelines, our drum major said to me “Don’t worry, you’ll make it, trooper. And if need be, you can always whack him with your slide...” or something like that. But I can guarantee you he said “trooper”.

6 Comments:

Blogger dddragon said...

I can imagine Joe saying "trooper"!

6:10 AM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Trooper? That dude needs a good French Horning.

I was immediately alarmed by the thought of a young woman your age watching Rocky Horror but then I remembered being 15 and waiting in line at the Rialto theater in South Pasadena (less than a mile from a house your mom lived in as a kid) to see that very same movie. It's weird, right?

I still think Meat Loaf rocks.

12:14 PM  
Blogger dddragon said...

I remember walking to that theater!

3:17 PM  
Blogger Lila said...

You ARE a trooper! And Meatloaf DOES rock!

Yeah, that rain out sounds like it was a real pain. Too bad...

9:54 PM  
Blogger TLP said...

LOL. You're having fun inspite of the rain and such.

The Rialto Theater! A blast from the past.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Tap, tap, tap, tap

Happy Halloween, Goa'uld!

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home