9.01.2005

First Week of School



Yep, today was the last day of the first week of school. We have tomorrow off (and Monday, too...but I guess you already figured that), and the football game is tomorrow, but that’s a whole different topic. I’ll post about it tomorrow. I’m quite nervous for it...okay, I’m very nervous.

--Anyway, back on topic. The first week was okay...however, I did not like today. It seemed like a lot of things went wrong. First off, I realized I didn’t have my biology textbook at home. Thus, I assumed it was in my locker...but it wasn’t. Also, the essay I wrote for Western Cultures...I really don’t think I did well on it, and I still think so. That class I still have mixed feelings for. I best just aim for a 95% and end up getting a 90%...oh, well...maybe I’ll do better on the tests…the whole morning I had trouble not thinking about anything else besides my missing textbook and the essay...but it turns out I left the textbook in the biology classroom, and it was sitting on the counter by the door, so I just picked it up as I walked in. Things seemed to get better...until the pep rally. When I picked my trombone off the shelf, I discovered two of the outer clasps were open. Strange...very strange...I thought I remembered closing them...I take my trombone out into the band room and open it...open the compartment for the mouth piece...and...what?! My mouthpiece isn’t there! I tell this to my band director, who seems to get annoyed, and tells me to ask if I could borrow one from the baritones. Luckily I was able to borrow one...then I found out we needed our lyres. Great. I forgot that at home. So, I learned how to hold the music and play on my own...and I was greatly relieved when school was over. Now, I thought, I can go home and find out where I left my mouthpiece. Problem: I can’t find it. Now, I had suspicions that someone might have stolen it sense I found the two clasps undone. Currently, I still think I did something with it and just can’t remember what, but I am starting to think it might have been stolen...but I’m not so sure...the trombonists I know in 8th grade seem trustworthy, and I’d assume that most of the trombonists should be trustworthy, or else I’d have thought they quit band a while ago. I’ll just have to keep looking...

Also, in the late afternoon, I met with my section leader to make up the drill I missed yesterday. Actually, that went well. Though, she made me yell at her. The low brass section thinks I’m too quiet...especially my section leader and the drum major (although both are woodwinds, they’re considered low brass)...which is true. So, my homework from her is to run amok. Hm.

Oh, and the picture above is one of two drawings I’ve done for art homework. We’re supposed to draw a corner of a room, self-portrait (just head), and a hand. All I have to do is a corner of a room...I’m just deciding which one I want to do. I’ve got quite a bit of homework in other subjects, but not an overwhelming amount, luckily.

5 Comments:

Blogger Doug The Una said...

A corrupt trombonist would be impossible, wouldn't it? I think a mouse got your mouthpiece. I like the sketch. Sounds like a bad day but as long as you're accepting 90s as your doom it'll be a little hard for me to sympathize. I hope you understand.

1:45 PM  
Blogger dddragon said...

doug: yeah, that's the way she is. Less than perfect IS doom. AP3 was the same way when she was younger.

And her section leader gave her the homework of running amok. Goa'uld has been wandering around wondering what she can do to fulfill that task. I wish someone would give me that for homework!

2:34 PM  
Blogger TLP said...

Sad news about the mouth piece, but I bet someone took it. Maybe as a joke, or maybe....

You little worry-wart! Four days of school and there's DOOM ahead. You always pull it out.

Good luck tonight. Four hours in the car is too much for Poppa and me. We're holding out for home games.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Well, God bless her. I got excited about anything in the double digits and you can see how I turned out.

That's a great assignment, isn't it? If I lived near you guys I'd offer my tutelage. I relax purty good.

7:24 PM  
Blogger A Little Bar of Soap said...

That's a very good drawing of a hand!! I am truly impressed! The Lord has given you a gift!

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home