8.13.2005

The Ori

The Ori are PURE evil. I mean, PURE EVIL!! At least the Goa'uld are very cool, and evil...but the Ori...they're nothing BUT evil, as proved by last night's episode. They're forcing people to believe in them by making them sick, even killing them, then reviving them (or at least they did to a certain group of people)! The Goa'uld wouldn't-erm...can't...um...they're much better looking (except for a few, including the "he/she", Nirrti)! When a person becomes a prior, they get all ugly (okay, slightly cool looking, but basically ugly). And even I am afraid of these Ori! Or I would be if they were real. The Goa'uld...now they are better. They're liked...or at least they seem 10,000,000x more likeable then the Ori.

Here's a pretty good section from the Wikipedia about the Ori:

“They can be simply described as evil version of modern ascended Ancients. The Ancients (known to the Ori as "the Others") are well known for their fierce belief in free will. As such, they do not interfere on lower planes of existence at all. Contrarily, the Ori believe that not sharing the secrets of the universe to those on the lower planes of existence is an evil act and those who practice it must be eliminated.

The Ancients who came to our galaxy considered this to be a terrible abuse of power. Therefore, they decided to hide knowledge of the second evolution of humans in the Milky Way Galaxy from the Ori. It is their policy that humans may find enlightenment through their own means, in the spirit of free will.

There is evidence to suggest that the Ori and the Ancients are on the same level of evolutionary existence, and that they exist with the same powers. As such, both are relatively contained to their own Galaxies. Whilst the Ancients manifest themselves as glowing ribbons of pure light, the Ori manifest as ribbons of burning fire, searing the air as they move. Also the Ori have no compunctions against taking direct control of living beings, or completely changing them to behave as they desire...”

19 Comments:

Blogger TLP said...

Well, I gotta admit, those Ori sound truly vile.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Darn those Ori, anyhow!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Lila said...

Maybe the Ori are just misunderstood... or maybe they just need some Prozac.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Come on, Aral! You can't treat Ori with kid gloves. If we don't fight them on their plane of existence, we'll have to fight them in ours. You're either with us or against us.

11:17 PM  
Blogger Lila said...

Orin't you being a little reactionary, Doug?

10:51 AM  
Blogger Goa'uld said...

Doug is right. I mean, they replaced the Goa'uld! They MUST be destroyed. THE GOA'ULD SHALL RISE AGAIN!!! MWAHAHAHA! (well, I can’t guarantee it, but I hope it...)

3:11 PM  
Blogger Goa'uld said...

Oh! I have an idea! Aral can be an Ori on this blog (no harsh feelings of course ;P)! Aral the Ori, Alled the Nox, Granny Nox, Nod the Jaffa, Haras the Tok'ra, and Tak the Goa'uld...sweet :D

3:25 PM  
Blogger Lila said...

YES! I am the ORI!

4:11 PM  
Blogger dddragon said...

The very young do not always do as they are told.

(and that's a direct quote, I'll have you know.)

And now I will just quietly fade a w a y . . .

5:28 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

I think someone who makes the pun "Orin't" should be named after a vile creature.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Goa'uld said...

lol, actonbell! I’m sure Little Bar o' Soap will have a fanfare of "Ori get thee out!"

10:46 AM  
Blogger A Little Bar of Soap said...

ALL SCIENCE FICTION IS SATANIC! Devil, get thee OUT!

10:57 PM  
Blogger Goa'uld said...

Oh! I should name LBOS something! Hm...there was a Christian group of aliens (well, actually they were Tau'ri taken there with the Stargate a long time ago) that I'd name LBOS part of, but I don't think they actually had a specific name...so, how about LBOS the Untouched?

9:43 AM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Can I be a Ferengi? I know that's Star Trek but I'm old and that's all I know about.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Goa'uld said...

Hm...I guess I can make an exception with you, Doug :). Though, you should take a look at the Unas andSerrakin. They remind me somewhat of the Ferengi...

2:18 PM  
Blogger Lila said...

I don't know, goa'uld, I think the LBOS is definitely "touched".

5:14 PM  
Blogger Goa'uld said...

Hm...I don't know Mrs. Ori...does LBOS remind you of a heavy-browed primitive with limited skills and brutal instincts? Hm...actually...

11:12 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

I'm totally an Una. That could be me in the picture. Thanks!

11:21 AM  
Blogger Goa'uld said...

Sweet! The Una are very cool :)

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home