7.25.2005

Game Review: Final Impression: The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures

I must say, despite how easy it is, I do love this game. I usually always love multiplayer games. It’s just seems so different having someone that is alive fighting side-by-side with you (or against you) rather then the stupid computer player. For the first 6 levels of this game, I played it with the Tok’ra. The reason it took SO long to finish it was because that “ok” rat wouldn’t play it with me! So, for the last chapters I played it on my own and finished it today. Boy, the bosses are SO easy (including Gannon; I didn’t even know what I was suppose to do at first, but I easily defeated him!). What were hard were the dungeons themselves. Several times, the Tok’ra and I would wonder aimlessly around until I went on the Internet and found out what we were suppose to do. Surprisingly, even though the Tok’ra almost never wanted to play, she was BETTER then me point-wise! Oh, I forgot to tell you! In each area/dungeon, you try to get the most points. You earn points for having the most Force Gems (which, when collected enough, gave all players’ swords the power to “conquer evil”, or something like that), most enemies defeated, and most hearts (energy/stamina/HP) left. You lost points for dying (duh :P). However, this “point contest” only occurred if there were two players or more players.

Oh, another thing I have to explain to you...the plot...I may be a bit wrong on the beginning parts since it was a while ago since I started it...but anyway, there has been unusually bad weather in Hyrule and the surrounding area, so Zelda, the six maidens (they are part of protecting the seal on the Four Sword), and Link go to check on the seal of the Four Sword, that was used to seal away Vaati (evil; can control winds). Well, Zelda and the six maidens are captured by this “Shadow Link” (created by this Dark Mirror, you find out later in the game), and you have to break the seal in order to get the Four Sword, and you become four Links: green (original), red, blue, and purple. Now, you have to save all the maidens, Zelda, defeat Vaati only to find out that Gannon was behind all of this (you actually can assume this much earlier then when Zelda does...or at least I did when the little evil shrubs were praising him in the forest), etc. When I did play with the Tok’ra, she was green and blue, and I was red and purple. Anyway, I recommend this game to only those who can find someone to play it with them and will 100% commit to it. It’s much more fun with multiple players, in my opinion. And another thing you must know is that you have to have Game Boy Advances or SP’s and the cables to hook it up if you want to play multiplayer.

The one time I really enjoyed this multiplayer game was during one of the mini-games, where the goal was to catch the most chickens and toss them into the bin. The Tok’ra and I were very close, but the Tok’ra was ahead near the end of the game. So, both the Tok’ra and I chased this last chicken into a cave and kept on slashing each other, trying to get it (if you slash someone while they’re holding the chicken, they’ll drop the chicken). Accidentally, I press the “B” button (sword) while holding the chicken and facing the Tok’ra's Link, and I swung the chicken down on her, stunning her Link! I was able to separate myself enough from her to put the chicken in the bin. She got SO mad at me, even though she WON, calling me a cheater, but now I think she’ll agree it ‘twas very funny.

On a side note, Tan Lucy Pez got me pastels today as a birthday present (thanks, again)! I got hooked on ‘em while at Girl Scout camp (I think I mentioned this...). Anyway, since the scanner wouldn’t scan it properly, here’s photo of the picture I drew with the pastels that was inspired by the game (picture is of original Link and Gannon):


8 Comments:

Blogger Doug The Una said...

Re: The game. Huh?

Re: The picture, that's really, really good. The colors are great and the picture looks medieval. Have you ever looked at Blake's work? I think you'd like it. The link's to my favorite Blake site.

5:01 PM  
Blogger TLP said...

Great drawing! Looks just as good as stuff I see in books.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Goa'uld, I heard last night's SG-1 was to be continued again. My sympathies.

10:46 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Tak Simba Pez girl: Sorry about that. I KNEW I couldn't put out that much information without making at least one mistake. But blame Lucy for "Kiddie B" (for which she blames your Mom). I like to distribute the blame.

You're a fine writer as well as musician/artist, young lady.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Lila said...

The game sounds interesting...

For some reason I can't see the picture. Hmpf! I'm curious! Oh well.

6:53 PM  
Blogger TLP said...

Sorry about the Kiddie B thing. It's your mother's fault. Honest.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Goa'uld said...

Aw, thank you, Hoss :D.

Nod the Jaffa said he couldn't see the picture either on his computer at work, so you're not the only one, Aunt Aral...I'm not sure what to do about it, though...some people see it, others don't...

I forgive you, granny :). I just wish Alled didn't think it was her job to embarrass us...

9:50 PM  
Blogger Goa'uld said...

Don't forget I twacked you with the chicken, too ;).

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home