7.05.2005

Game Review: Final Impression: Kirby and The Amazing Mirror

See Beginning Impression for plot info.


Yesterday, I finally finished this game (after not playing it for months and months...). It was overall great! It’s much different from most games I’ve played. Instead of levels, they are areas, which are groupings of different “rooms”, and each area (total of 9) has a boss, where you earn a shard of the mirror. You don’t even have to do the areas in order! And, a lot of the rooms lead to different areas, too. Each room was short, but once you went out of one room, you went into another. Plus, there were frequently more then two doors in a room, meaning there were many paths one could take. A lot of the rooms required logic in order to get to the door you needed to get to (such as getting the proper ability to cut something or pound something). I admit, I did go online for some help, but I usually only needed to know one thing, then did the rest of the task on my own. Oh! What I really liked about this game was that you could earn colors to paint Kirby! VERY cool, people. VERY cool. I mean, come on! Why have a pink Kirby when you can have a black one with orange feet?! Also, the game tells you what percentage you have left of the game, telling you if you missed something (since you don’t need all the items to finish the game). But after I finished it, I went out and found the treasure chests I need, so my game’s 100% complete :D.




My favorite Kirby Ability :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Lila said...

Sounds like fun! Sounds like it had a lot of cool features.

8:38 AM  
Blogger TLP said...

Good review. Thanks for posting it. Cool.

10:29 AM  
Blogger A Little Bar of Soap said...

They should make video games out of the Bible. The Old Testament would be particularly conducive to it! I would love to see Exodus on GameBoy!

11:27 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Chevron, is Kirby kind of like Myst for kids? I'm too old and slow-witted for both. Just asking, really.

I agree with Bar of Soap. Plague of Toads II, Redd C Splitz and You Made It, You Eat iT: Curse of the Golden Calf would be great titles.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Goa'uld said...

Hm...although I personally haven’t played Myst (my mom played it and I watched), I don’t think it’s like Myst. Kirby games, in my opinion, do require a little more logic then most Nintendo games that I’ve played, but it’s not a logic based game.

lol, but I’m sure you could play Kirby, Doug :P. However, adults seem to be cursed with not being able to see the game on a GameBoy Advance screen, so you’d probably be safer with a GameBoy Advance SP since it has a built in light :).

Exodus for GameBoy? Usually the games I like on GameBoy are Mario, Zelda/Link, or Kirby based...but I guess it would be worth trying as long as I don't have to pay for it :P.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Goa'uld said...

Yeah, this Kirby game is one of my favorites on GBA, too :D. Oh! I was thinking of asking for one of the Sly Cooper games for my Birthday...they looked pretty neat, especially the second one :).

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home