6.12.2005

Quotes

I was searching around for quotes...because it's cool...and I came up with quite a few good/funny ones:



  • The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. (Albert Einstein)
  • I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. (Winston Churchill)
  • If man could be crossed with the cat, it would improve man but deteriorate the cat. (Mark Twain)
  • There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. (Albert Schweitzer)
  • Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy. (Joseph Campbell; don't ask why, but this quote makes me think of fire...BURN!! HA HA!!)
  • Asking if computers can think is like asking if submarines can swim. (unknown)

  • Science may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found no remedy for the worst of them all -- the apathy of human beings. (Helen Keller)


    I found all of this quotes at WisdomQuotes.com
  • 3 Comments:

    Blogger dddragon said...

    I like to find quotes, too. I often use http://creativequotations.com/

    8:04 AM  
    Blogger TLP said...

    Me three. I like quotes. These are good ones.

    2:29 PM  
    Blogger Lila said...

    Yeah, these are good! I like "Asking if computers can think is like asking if submarines can swim."

    One of my favorites is "Entropy ain't what it used to be." My old high school physics teacher had a bumper sticker with that on it. He also had one that said "Physics is Phun". Geek! ;-P

    6:05 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home