7.10.2005

The National Air and Space Museum and Washington D.C.



From July 8th to July 9th, we were in the Washington D.C. area. On Friday, we went to the new National Air and Space Museum. It was really fascinating! I loved how the planes were arranged throughout the huge main room, and I took lots of pictures of them. My favorite plane would have to be the Flying Wing. The first shuttle (the Enterprise) was also on display. Honestly, I can’t remember how big I thought the shuttles were, but from my perspective, it was huge. Although, I didn’t read many of the info panels there. It seemed to have more information on the individual objects and planes there, rather then scientific facts and such, like the other Air and Space Museum. Either way, I had a great time.



And, on Friday night, we saw the Fantastic 4! I thought it was a great movie :). To me, it did seem short, but apparently it was around two hours or something. Anyway, I do recommend other people to see it.

On Saturday, we went to the Holocaust Memorial Museum. It was quite sad, reading about all the sadness and pain the Nazis caused, however I already knew much about it from school. During the main exhibit, we were given a passport thing, in which we were given information about a specific person during the Holocaust. My person was gassed upon arrival at a concentration camp at the age of 76. I didn’t take any pictures, though, because you weren't allowed to.

Oh, and I’m going away to Girl Scout camp until July 15 (Friday).

4 Comments:

Blogger Lila said...

Yeah, Nivek Army Ranger Pez and I used to LOOOOOVE the National Air and Space Museum....

Sounds like a great trip!

8:06 PM  
Blogger TLP said...

Hi sweetie, I miss you already.

Your mom says that this Air and Space Museum is all new. Haven't seen the new one.

Good post. Glad you had fun.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Great pictures. If you haven't been, drag your Mom and Bookworm to the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago. Trust me.

Have a blast at camp and remember "I hate White Rabbits"

7:15 AM  
Blogger Lila said...

Oh, yeah, I haven't seen the NEW one. Cool!

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home