7.30.2005

Kayaking



Today I kayaked five or six miles down the Susquehanna River with Nod the Jaffa (dad). It was a lot of fun. Although the rapids weren’t real thrilling, except for one. Though, at EVERY rapid, the jaffa got stuck on a rock. Quite funny, it was. And at the second one, he got stuck twice! I swear, the rocks loved dad. If I bumped one or got caught, they’d let me go. But dad...they had his name on them. I didn’t really have any great rock problems until the end where it got really shallow and I got a bit careless. It was great to go kayaking, since I only did what seemed like ten minutes on the last day of Girl Scout camp. Though, the jaffa forgot to take the water bottles out of the freezer an hour or so before we went, so for most of the time, our water was ice.

By the way, I’m SO glad that yesterday’s Stargate episode didn’t end in a “to be continued”! Though, I’m not sure if I like SG-1’s new big enemy...after all, they are replacing the Goa’uld, so they’re already getting on my bad side...

6 Comments:

Blogger Doug The Una said...

I never got past canoeing, although I did that in the Amazon basin so am I kind of cool?

10:18 PM  
Blogger dddragon said...

LOL ~ I would say TOTALLY cool!

Great photo, Goa'uld!

7:33 AM  
Blogger Lila said...

That's a photo you took yourself? Very cool!

I really love to kayak. Me Wonder Woman Pez and I used to do that fairly regularly, but it's been a while.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Goa'uld said...

In the Amazon basin?! That is quite cool, Doug :D!

...I found that picture on the Internet...LOL!

11:45 AM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Thanks, dddragon and Goa'uld. I was fishing then and I was fishing now ;-)

I was looking at that picture and thinking "Where are the rocks she was talking about?"

12:35 PM  
Blogger TLP said...

Cool that you went kayaking. Wow, Doug canoed on the Amazon. Boy. Here I am sitting at a PC. I'm missing out.

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home