8.26.2005

School Approaching

Yes! I have finally finished both the Iliad and the Odyssey! I know I probably should have finished it earlier in the summer, but at least it’s fresh in my mind for school. I didn’t really like those books...the Iliad gave too much information (i.e., I didn’t need to know every single group in the army, and who killed who, and how they died, etc...not that I was grossed by it, but I just thought it was pointless) and in the Odyssey, people talked too much. Anyway, I don’t recommend anyone to read them unless forced to.

Alas, school starts on August 29. The summer has gone so fast...oh, well. I spent most of today finishing the Odyssey (I read about 100 pages a day since Wednesday, when I finished the Iliad).


Oh! And now for my report on Stargate! (It’s on at 6:00 EST every weekday on the SciFi channel and new Stargate SG-1 is at 8:00 EST on Fridays on SciFi). Tonight’s Stargate SG-1 was awesome! Baal was in it, of course. I won’t say much about it, except that he made clones of himself. Is that giving too much away? Ha, anyway...I think it’s my favorite so far! Next week is the Viewer’s Choice thingy, so I can’t wait ‘til that! New Stargate SG-1 in two weeks, though.

6 Comments:

Blogger Doug The Una said...

I'll be watching. Every summer in High School I used to make myself a reading list of books to read for school and on the first day of school I never had. I'm starting to think you're a little too good to be true. Admit, you're an assassin. Or, I suppose you could be a triplet.

9:36 PM  
Blogger Lila said...

We never had summer reading lists, can you believe it? We were lucky, I guess.

Good for you for reading them before school starts!

The Iliad and The Odyssey are okay, but they're no Stargate!

11:14 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

So Baal's a brit! I didn't guess it, but I should have known those rascals would be behind the Ori!

7:21 AM  
Blogger TLP said...

Glad you finished the Summer Reading List. You probably don't want to hear it, but the lists are for your own good. (I know, I know...)

I hated the Odyssey and Iliad too. Pointless. But we have to have you educated don't we? Oh, wait! I had to read them, and never once have I had an occasion to refer to them, other than to say, yeah, we had to read those too. So how did they educate me?

8:17 AM  
Blogger dddragon said...

okay, you've seen this last episode THREE times now! And it's only Saturday evening!! (and, yes, Baal is KEWL)

10:05 PM  
Blogger Goa'uld said...

Well, it was only two books, and not a whole list...but it was required reading for school. We were actually suppose to get an assignment about it, but the English teacher who assigned us to read those two books retired over the summer (found out during marching band practice)! So I wouldn’t call it a “summer reading assignment”...it’s more like homework over the summer...

lol, Ori! Right you are...they are nothing compared to the awesome power of Stargate! And that Friday night was a good night...I even liked Stargate Atlantis (and Monk on the channel USA at 10:00 was good as always, too; it’s a show about a detective with an obsessive compulsive disorder, just in case some people didn’t know)! The end of the Atlantis episode was sad, though, in my opinion.

Actually, the actor that plays Baal is from South Africa, Doug, though he does sound British, lol!

Gasp! Did I say actor? Dear me! Stargate is real, of course...*cough*

Yep! I’ve seen the episode three times! Although I’ve seen other episodes three or more times, this is, indeed, the smallest amount of time between each viewing so far.

Alas, poor me...today is my last day of freedom...I’ve had quite a few nightmares over the summer about school...about forgetting to do homework, or not getting to a class on time...not fun. But then I remember school hasn’t started yet!

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home