9.13.2005

Hooray! Band!

Guess what? Today, I woke up, and suddenly, I thought the strangest thing. I mean, VERY strange. Yep, it has to do with band. Y’all know how it’s ruling my life...don’t ‘cha? Anyway, instead of thinking “oh...I have band practice today”, I thought “I can’t wait ‘til band practice”!!! I mean, wow! I have no idea why! It’s just so strange...!

Our drum major actually told the other low brass members that today's practice was the first practice he really didn’t want to be at because he had so much stuff to do. After I told them I had been looking forward to band since the morning, another member of the low brass asked me, “Do you have a life?”

Of course, my answer was “no” :-P. Anyway, before skull, I had a short sectional with the low brass section. At Saturday’s mini-band camp, I played by myself before the others because the Euphonium who had the same part I had was having trouble with it and needed to hear it. Today, before I played the same part as an example for the Euphonium again, the drum major (he’s low brass, just in case I didn’t tell y’all already. Hehe! “Y’all”...) suddenly moved to my side, as if he were blocking me from someone. Of course, I ask why. Apparently, he had gotten in trouble for making me play on Saturday by myself (although, he didn't force me to do it). It's the whole “freshman” thing, how we’ll get embarrassed because we won’t play it right, even though I did...but I thought it was funny, anyway. And after that, we practiced Hunting Wabbits (our last song for the performance), during which I learned I was the only one who “officially” memorized it out of the group. Or at least some of the upperclassmen said they didn’t have it totally memorized. It sounded like they did to me...but that’s just me.

...and nothing else interesting happened the rest of practice. I do hope that other people have done tier 2 for Joy...and maybe someone else for Morning’s First Light...I’m doing tier 2 for Morning’s First Light tomorrow, and I just hope that I’m not the first to do it...

Oh! And I found out what Granny Nox did! It’s quite funny...you’ll all laugh your Tau’ri butts off.

Update 9/14/05: Thanks, Doug the Una! I am honored to be your special guest! Great new picture, by the way...:-P!

Oh, and you can now have that coffee break you've been wanting...


8 Comments:

Blogger Doug The Una said...

Goa'uld, thanks for doing such a good job. Do Una have a noise they make? I'm guessing it's sort of "MERRRRGH!"

Anyway, just in case "MERRRRGH!"

7:33 AM  
Blogger dddragon said...

Heeeeey Goa'uld, I know SOMEthing ELSE that you don't know ... but I'm not allowed to spill the beans on this one either (and no, it doesn't involve TLP!)

1:32 PM  
Blogger Goa'uld said...

lol, Doug!! The Una do make noises...I'll have to re-watch Una episodes to remember exactly what noise they make...and nice profile by the way...:-P

Oh, and by the way, I did tier 2 for Morning's First Light today. I think I'm still the only one who's done tier 2 for Joy, and now it looks like I'm the first for Morning! Oh, well...it's nice to be first sometimes, but still...

Yiaysar, interjection -- What you say when you say, " Yay, Sar!" extremely fast.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Goa'uld said...

Oh, and you are VERY evil, mom. VERY EVIL. I want to know the secret...!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Lila said...

You are a true Band Wally. Do they still call y'all "band wallies"?

;-P

Hey, are you dissing the sound of the trumpet? Your ol' Aunt AP3 blows the trumpet too, ya know.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Yeah, Dddragon. I'm ignoring you after yesterday.

ghzudjx, v.t. To clean one's socks (Una)

6:50 PM  
Blogger Goa'uld said...

No, lol...now they're called "band geeks" :-P

Oh, yeah! No...I wasn't dissing the sound of the trumpets...*cough*

Hooray for the Una! I'd try to ignore her...but she has to drive me to school...

xtcnld, n. The opposite of a Goa'uld, but not is not a Tok'ra.

6:30 AM  
Blogger A Little Bar of Soap said...

Band is such a good, wholesome activity for a young lady.

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home