10.12.2005

Affliction in the Gluteus Maximus

Okay, you all know the violent natures of most Goa’ulds? Well, this Goa’uld, unfortunately, is not excluded from this characteristic. If you attack me vocally or physically (poking, prodding, and hugging fall into this category if the action is extremely annoying to me), I will attack back.

So, during band practice, the Tok’ra earned the right for me to give her a “gentle” kick in the leg (I mean it to be gentle, but strangely I always get a larger “OW!” then intended). For what reason, I can’t remember. It was obviously so horrible, my mind naturally represses it from my memory...anyway, my leg flies in the Tok’ra’s direction, when suddenly her arms shoot down and grasp my ankle. See where this is going? Although probably not intentionally, she in some way pulls my leg towards herself, thus causing me to loose my balance and fall to the ground, butt first. Okay, now, where did I tell you we were? Band practice...right? What’s at band practice? People, instruments, drill books, cases...with nice edges...in fact, I know exactly who’s case I fell on. Of course, I shall not disclose her name in this blog, but I’ll tell ‘ya, she was a saxophonist, with a nice rectangular case. Let me tell ‘ya, that hurt! And even now, after practice, it still hurts! Currently, I’m going through a lot of pain, sitting and typing this blog for you! I think it’s bruised or something...but the Tok’ra is typing up the Western Cultures notes for me in order to make up for the great pain she caused me...(I took the PSAT today and missed the first four periods of school; math = easy; English = ...I’ll try to read the dictionary by the next time I take that test...).

Oh, but wait! There’s more pain! After practiced as we had just started to head home, I remembered I forgot to tell the people who put the long ranger away (Freshmen duties; the Tok’ra and I set it up, and two other people put it away) to put the towel that had been used to keep it dry on the rafters. So, I accordingly jump over the rope, and enter the band shed, and hang up the towel for them. All this moving has irritated the bruise I gained at the beginning of practice, so I hold it in pain as I head back to my mom’s van, and go to jump over the rope...only problem is, I don’t jump high enough. Can’t you picture it? Just like a cartoon...or something from American’s Funniest Videos...the person goes to jump over a rope, their feet hook on to the rope as they move forward, and...BOOM! Face into the damp grass (light rain during the entire practice)! No, it didn’t hurt at all...I just couldn’t stop laughing...it was so funny...the Tok’ra and the Nox didn’t really appreciate the humor of it...but oh, well. They didn’t comprehend the comedy of the bruised butt, either. Oh, well. I guess you had to have been there...

By the way, we won our Homecoming game 7 to 6 (Note: the opposing team is apparently really bad, but you know what? So are we...)! It was suppose to be on Saturday, but due to rain, it was changed to Monday.

Happy 20th Anniversary, Nox and Jaffa!

12 Comments:

Blogger dddragon said...

I thought it was funnier than you think I thought - but what was REALLY funny was that when you came back to the van, you were laughing so hard that you couldn't talk. Couldn't tell us that you had fallen flat on your face in the wet grass! Now, THAT's funny!

9:37 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Now I'm laughing too hard to talk but I can type. You're one funny lady. I think it was very cruel of your sister to interrupt your kicking of her and make you fall. And they call you the evil twin. I'm indignant on your behalf.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Lila said...

That's a great story! Ouch, yeah, that sounds painful. Hope yer butt heals right quick!

10:43 AM  
Blogger TLP said...

LOL. Sorry about your pain, but I do have to laugh. Pratfalls are funny.

I've never seen you get the "laugh-so-hard-your-face-hurts and you can't talk or breathe's." I runs in the family of course.

Guess you won't be kicking your sister so much, huh?

12:06 PM  
Blogger TLP said...

IT runs in the family. IT. I never run.

12:07 PM  
Blogger dddragon said...

Usually they enjoy making me laugh so hard that I have to pull the van over. It was great to see it happen to someone else FOR A CHANGE!!

3:10 PM  
Blogger Goa'uld said...

Actually, it happens a lot more often then you think, Nox duo...and I know you've seen me like that before, mum...

4:21 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

TOB last night. Gotta know. How'd it go?

10:21 AM  
Blogger Goa'uld said...

Well...our score improved again at the TOB on Saturday, but again, 3rd out of 3rd! It's so annoying...

9:07 PM  
Blogger Lila said...

Sounds like TOBs are an affliction in the gluteus maximus!

11:04 PM  
Blogger dddragon said...

wait a minute, actonbell - you've forgotten the time you shoved back and Nivek hit the oval coffee table with his forehead and needed three or four stitches!

6:15 AM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

TOB or a rainout?

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home