11.08.2005

Election Day

Today, before practice, our band director talked to us about Xanga sites.

Xanga n., a Web site that provides users with weblogs or "blogs". It is operated by Xanga.com, Inc., and is based in New York City. Users of Xanga are referred to as "Xangans".

He went into a pretty long talk about how he didn’t care if they insulted him on their Xanga site...although it did hurt him...he said it hurt him even more to see band members insult the program and each other. A program...marching band...that has taken a long time to earn respect of people unfamiliar with the program...and it hurt him to see it didn’t have the respect of some of the people in the program, and how they didn’t respect each other.

And, I must say...I totally agree with him. It hurts me, too, that I have to associate myself as a band member with other band members who are so disrespectful...and it’s mostly freshmen, I think, who are the cause of his talk, which makes me even more ashamed of my peers...but I just have to remember that not all of my peers are that way. In fact, I have a friend who as an Xanga that, from what I’ve seen, only has posted that she has a great time during TOBs, etc.

So...there is hope...

Oh, and I updated the layout! If I get more time, you may see other updates to the layout, but I think this is it for now...Laeta Election Day!

7 Comments:

Blogger dddragon said...

Love the new look!

Sorry that some of your band-mates are so immature. Perhaps they'll end up being the ones that drop out anyway and the program will be stronger next year.

11:17 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Wow, Goa'uld! I thought I was as impressed with you as I could possibly be, but the site looks amazing. Really artful. I was always really embarrassed in High School by kids who thought there was use to running down the teachers. Not that I did homework or anything but I tried to be respectful. Did you give your teacher the link to your site?

11:20 AM  
Blogger TLP said...

Great new look. I loved the old one, but this is very impressive too.

There are always folks who have to put anything and everything down. It's too bad, but it's just the way things are. What's sad is that the band director found out about it.

11:23 PM  
Blogger TLP said...

Just dropped by to say good luck tomorrow. I hope you have a lot of fun!

5:48 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Good luck at the ACCs. Let your blogfriends know how you do.

7:05 PM  
Blogger Lila said...

Yeah, there are usually a few bad apples in the bunch. Too bad.

I forgot to say before, The Hitchhiker's Guide is great. Glad you're enjoying it!

11:14 AM  
Blogger TLP said...

Dropped in to say Congrats on the ACC finish! Great!

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home