6.17.2006

Geek and District Band

I know...I think I promised to post more during the summer, but I have not so far...I was hoping to have Revenge of the Geek be the first post, but I’m putting a lot more work into it, so I might be working on it the entire summer...I dunno...so far I’ve been just doing some simple test animations and the character bases, but I realized I really can’t start the actual animation until I have the voices for it, so I can get the timing right. But since the majority of the characters are male, I can’t really do the voices...so, I think I’m going to hold auditions for the voices! Here are all the characters that speak:

  • Obi Wan Kenobi
  • Jack O'Neill
  • Sith Lord
  • Darth Vader
  • Daniel Jackson
  • Cop (male or female)
  • General Hammond
  • Samantha Carter

    To audition, please e-mail me at goauld_productions@yahoo.com and I will send you a few lines that you shall record yourself saying and e-mail the sound file back to me. I think there is a “Sound Recorder” on all computers under “Accessories” on the “Start” menu, but if you don’t have a recording program or a microphone...I’m afraid I can’t help you there...if other people have suggestions about this dilemma, feel free to e-mail me or comment.

    Auditions will probably be held for the rest of July, but please submit them as soon as possible! As soon as I find a good voice, I’ll close the auditions for that character! Feel free to audition for multiple characters. E-mail me if you have any questions!

    P.S. If you don't know anything about these characters, I suggest you watch Stargate SG-1 on the SciFi channel (on Mondays starting at 6:00 EST or Fridays starting at 8:00 EST), and rent the third Star Wars movie.

    ------------------------------------------------------------

    Although I haven’t received the music yet, I have listened to part of the music that I must play in order to audition for District Band, and even though it sounds like it’ll be hard, it does sound very beautiful. The piece is entitled Concerto by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov (1844-1908), and you can listen to parts of it at this site (I believe the part I have to play is in the second movement). I’m actually quite excited to start working on it, and I hope I play it well for the District Band auditions.

  • 8 Comments:

    Blogger Doug The Una said...

    Sounds like a fun project!

    6:48 PM  
    Blogger TLP said...

    Hey, how do you expect people to know about this?????? Huh????

    You should alert people that you have POSTED.

    11:07 AM  
    Blogger dddragon said...

    Yeah, anyway!!

    6:55 PM  
    Blogger Lila said...

    That's a really cool project! I'd like to audition for Darth Vader and Obi Wan Kenobi! Seriously. I'm reasonably good at impersonating either. But I'll let you be the judge of that!

    8:02 AM  
    Blogger Chatham said...

    Can I bee a Hiss Lord?

    9:26 PM  
    Blogger Doug The Una said...

    AP3, you think you can out Vader me? I find your lack of faith disturbing. Go for Obi Wan, the force is strong with him.

    6:58 AM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    hey, a female cop with an Indian accent sounds cool, doesn't it? unfortunately almost all others are male *fume fume*

    8:08 AM  
    Blogger Lila said...

    Oh, man! I can't believe Vader got cast. No fair! I can do a good Vader, seriously. Okay, can I try for Obi Wan?

    11:45 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home